Visit - Cafe and Shop Open. Galleries re-opening 2021
The Museum, Shop and Cafe are now closed for Christmas. In line with Government advice we will remain closed from 26th December for a period of at least 3 weeks. Our Museum galleries will re-open in 2021. Please watch this space for exciting developments
- Please see Visit Us page -
Please note our operating hours may vary due to the current situation with coronavirus.
The museum is a 5 minute walk from the town centre and is situated directly opposite The Royal and Ancient Clubhouse. There is a large car park behind the museum, operated by Fife Council and a coach drop off point. It is FREE to park in the car park from November to March. Our toilet facilities are also closed due to the situation with coronavirus. The Fife Council Car park currently has limited spaces available due to ongoing, essential maintenance works by SEPA.
British Golf Museum
Tel: 01334 460046
- Wheelchair access
- Disabled parking
- Baby changing facilities
- Large print and Braille guide available
- Free translations
Getting to St Andrews
Did you know?
During and just after World War II, golf ball supplies reached crisis point, due to a shortage of rubber. In 1942 the Government forbid the remoulding of old balls. Following R&A intervention, the ban was lifted. One of the arguments used was that the Army Medical Council encouraged golf as a remedial exercise for wounded personnel.